As an association with more than 40 years of history, TTRA and its members represent an impressive body of travel industry related knowledge. Historical trends, ground-breaking research, and important studies are all housed in the TTRA compendium of knowledge.
TTRA APac has been established as a place for all those interested in travel and tourism research in the region (or of the region) to come together. The Association membership comprises DMO research managers, industry research users, ‘vendors’ (research consultants), academic researchers and postgraduate students.
As defined by United Nations, the Asia Pacific Region incorporates a wide geographic region, from Australia and New Zealand through the Pacific nations, Asia, India and parts of the Middle East. We welcome members from all regions, but also those from other parts of the world interested in research in this region.
Membership of the Asia Pacific Chapter is free once you join TTRA International – simply check the box on the application form which you can access from the link on the right-hand side of this page.
For information about the Asia Pacific chapter, please email [email protected].
Why Join Our World?
No other international organization of this magnitude offers
- access to a unique membership combination of academics, practitioners, and vendors, and
- exclusive networking opportunities among these groups that result in
- mutually beneficial business relationships and collaboration.
All of that and it’s brought to you with a very research-centric, world perspective that is the essence of TTRA.
- Professional status recognition in the travel and tourism industry
- Identify partners for joint marketing and research projects
- Share knowledge, experience, and ideas
- Enjoy discounts on meetings, conferences, AND webinars
- Build personal contacts within the global community of TTRA members
- Benefit from and contribute to newsletter, social network and ListServ discussions
- Discounts on TTRA’s international and chapter conferences
- Improve understanding of travel trends, behaviors/motivations of your target audiences
- Share research ideas and methodologies with destination peers plus university, industry and vendor experts
- Informative conference sessions designed to enhance your marketing efforts that drive successful results
- Stay up-to-date on the latest travel industry research through the Journal of Travel Research
- Publish in the peer-reviewed Journal of Travel Research and present papers at TTRA and Chapter conferences
- Pursue grant opportunities through international and chapter contacts
- Provide students with professional development experiences by taking advantage of scholarships for conference registration and membership
- Network with destination marketing and research professionals who purchase travel-related research
- Promote your company’s capabilities with your target market of clients by exhibiting at our conferences
- Increase awareness of your expertise, products, and services by sponsoring scholarships, event functions, breakouts, webinars and other TTRA products
- Enhance your reputation by contributing to the growth of tourism marketing research