Join us in Burlington!
The TTRA 2024 Academic Program committee is excited to announce the first Call for Papers for the 54th Annual TTRA International Conference which will be held June 11 – 13, 2024 in Burlington Vermont.
Global Insights, Local Stories Shaping Tourism Research
In 2024, we focus on the intersection of global and local perspectives in tourism research. We invite you to submit abstracts that demonstrate how your research contributes to insights that can impact the travel and tourism industry, both globally and locally.
Consider these related sub-themes for your submission:
- Sustainability and stewardship
- Visitor experience and value
- Residents and community
All abstracts should be 500 – 2500 words, should not be previously published, and can include work that is being developed, in progress, or completed. The TTRA International Conference offers many ways to share your research, choose from multiple presentation formats to share your research:
- Oral Presentation: Present your research in a 15-minute session with a slide deck or an engaging medium. Alternatively, opt for a conversational approach, introducing your topic and engaging in small group discussions with attendees. The Best Oral Presentation will be recognized.
- The Ideas Fair: Visual Presentation: Showcase your work visually through posters, slideshows, or a combination at the Ideas Fair event. The best presentation will receive the Ideas Fair Winner Award. For inspiration, please click here.
- Qualitative Research Methods Workshop: Participate in roundtable discussions to enhance your skills in applying qualitative research methods and analyzing qualitative data. Learn from fellow tourism researchers during research roundtables. The best submission will be recognized with the Qualitative Research Award.
In preparation for the 2024 TTRA International Conference, we are crafting sessions that showcase the synergy between academics and practitioners, emphasizing their joint efforts to propel research and leverage data to address challenges within the tourism industry. We invite abstract submissions showcasing instances of collaborative research between academics and practitioners. Particularly, we encourage submissions where both practitioners and academics can actively engage and participate in the presentation.
Graduate Student Opportunities
Graduate students are encouraged to submit their work for consideration in any of the above formats. Graduate students serving as the primary presenter (as indicated in the ScholarWorks submission) will be featured in the conference program as Emerging Leaders and will have the opportunity to participate in Emerging Leader programming during the conference.
TTRA International highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that having talented and dedicated diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, and chapter representation, along with varied skills, perspectives, and career experiences (including representatives from the academic community, practitioners working for DMOs, and vendor practitioners) contributes to a balanced and effective organization and conference. We ask that you consider this while crafting your submissions.
Accepted authors may choose to include a full paper, full abstract, or shortened abstract in the conference proceedings.
- January 12, 2024: Abstract submissions are due
- March 15, 2024: Authors notified of decisions on abstracts
- April 19, 2024: Abstracts finalized for proceedings
We look forward to your contributions to the 54th Annual TTRA International Conference!
Questions? Contact us
Become a Sponsor:
Unlock Opportunities as a Conference Sponsor
Sponsoring the TTRA Annual International Conference is your exclusive chance to shine a spotlight on your brand while championing the world of tourism and travel research. Here’s what’s in it for you:
Connect and Elevate: Forge connections with industry decision-makers and rub shoulders with seasoned professionals. Dive into the latest research and trends that are reshaping tourism and travel.
Fuel Progress: Your support fuels the advancement of our field and enables TTRA to offer invaluable educational and professional growth experiences to its members.
Join the Community: Become a sponsor and immerse yourself in a dynamic community of researchers, practitioners, and industry trailblazers. Together, we’re driving the future of tourism and travel.
Ready to make an impact? Be a TTRA Conference Sponsor.
Contact Elizabeth Pike, [email protected], for more information and to secure your sponsorship.
Get In Touch
TTRA is a highly respected and established organization dedicated to advancing the standards of travel and tourism research and analysis. With its focus on excellence, professionalism, quality, and inclusivity, TTRA is the go-to source for professionals in the industry seeking to stay ahead in their field.