Who We Are
Few industries are as dynamic or exciting as travel and tourism. Every day, it’s being reimagined and remade by tectonic shifts in culture, economics, and technology.
As the travel and tourism ecosystem transforms, professionals across the industry and around the world want quality research on which to make informed decisions. The Travel and Tourism Research Association (TTRA) is where they find it. For more than 45 years, TTRA has been the industry’s go-to for evidence-based, global data and analysis.
The association unites the travel and tourism research community – university academics, professional practitioners, and users of research – so they can network, collaborate, and ideate in person and across borders.
The Travel and Tourism Research Association. We know where travel is going.
Areas of Focus
The key areas of focus for the Association, along with key objectives and initiatives for each of those focus areas can be found on the 2015-2017 Strategic Clarity Overview.
To provide leadership for the global community of practitioners, educators, and users of travel research.
To improve the travel industry by supporting quality tourism research.
Our Value Proposition
We bring a unique value to the travel industry by promoting the following for industry researchers:
- Evolving Methodologies
- Best Practices, Insights, and Applications
- Professional Growth
- Networking and Access
- Industry Influence
What Does TTRA Do?
- Facilitates access to numerous sources of information to support your research efforts.
- Educates members in research, marketing, and planning skills through publications,
conferences and networking.
- Encourages professional development and recognizes research and marketing excellence
through its awards program.
- Creates opportunities to interact with your peers throughout the industry.
- Fosters development of travel and tourism research and related curricula in institutes of
- Promotes the development and application of professional research in the travel and tourism