The SouthEast States Chapter of the Travel & Tourism Research Association (SETTRA) was formed in 1999 through Travel & Tourism Research Association (TTRA). The purpose of SETTRA is to increase the quality, value, effectiveness, and use of research in travel marketing, planning, and development.
The Mission of SETTRA:
- Facilitate access to numerous sources of information to support research efforts;
- Educate members in research, marketing, and planning skills;
- Encourage professional development and recognize research and marketing excellence;
- Foster development of travel and tourism research and related curricula in institutes of higher education;
- Create opportunities to interact with peers throughout the industry; and
- Promote the development and application of professional research in the travel and tourism industry.
The goal of SETTRA is to increase the understanding and the knowledge of tourism research within the industry and among tourism researchers.
SETTRA is composed of twelve states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Membership of the SETTRA Chapter is free once you join TTRA International – simple check the box on the application form, which you can access from the link on the right-hand side of this page.
For information about the SETTRA chapter, please email your questions to SouthEast@TTRA.com.