Research Roundtable with Jordan Bohlander, Project Manager and Technical lead for Dean Runyan Associates (moderator)
Session: Challenges and Opportunities for Destinations and Researchers in a Disrupted, Post-Covid Marketplace
What are the post-Covid challenges that communities are facing? What opportunities are there for Travel Research professionals to add value as the travel industry navigates its road to recovery? Travel industry veterans Ralf Garrison, Dave Belin, Tom Foley, Carl Ribaudo, and Barb Taylor-Carpender discuss their work with pandemic-inspired think tank, The Insights Collective, focusing on the industry challenges and “teeing up” opportunities for travel tourism research to add value to travel-dependent communities throughout the West.
CALLING FOR ACADEMIC PAPERS
Do you want the opportunity to present your research to world renowned leaders, practitioners, and educators of the travel research community?
Submit your papers for our academic research summit and join us on October 19-21 in Skokie, Illinois for the CenStates/Greater Western TTRA Joint Chapter Conference!
The Greater Western Chapter (GWTTRA) and the CenStates Chapter of the Travel & Tourism Research Association (TTRA) are joining together for a joint conference in October 2022 in Northern Chicago.
The conference will provide a forum where attendees from academia, destination marketing organizations, government agencies, consultants, marketers, and other travel industry professionals can meet to discuss, present, and learn about cutting-edge research and practices.
There will be an academic research summit during the conference, where attendees can present their cutting-edge research.
Submit your proposal to: [email protected]
We will consider all proposals that reflect scholarship in travel, tourism, and hospitality. Academic papers will be double blind reviewed and accepted papers will be published on the GWTTRA Proceedings web site (if desired by the authors). Submissions require an abstract of up to 500 words (see details below).
This conference is open to original work, work in progress and work presented at other conferences or previously published.
Presenters do not need to represent the CenStates or GWTTRA chapters. They may come from anywhere in the world.
September 9, 2022 (5:00pm PST)
Proposal due date
September 23, 2022
Notification of acceptance
All proposals will be double blind reviewed.
All proposals should be sent to: [email protected]
Subject: GWTTRA proposal
There are two types of submissions:
- 20-minute presentation: for completed research only
- 10-minute presentation (“speed presentation”): for research in progress or summaries of Research, with more time for discussion and feedback
Presentations should be focused on empirical research.
- Each submission should include two documents:
- Title page (including author names & affiliation)
- Main document (without author names)
- The main document should meet these criteria:
- Main body up to 500 words (excluding figures, tables, & references)
- Include figures/tables in the manuscript, rather than at the end
- Use 12-point Times New Roman font (single spaced)
- Use 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Participants are limited to a maximum of 2 proposals.
- Presentation room will include a screen with projector or monitor and computer.
- At least one author must register for the conference and present at the conference.
Please direct questions to Academic Co-Chairs:
Dr. Woojin Lee – [email protected]
Dr. Matthew Stone – [email protected]
Complete conference information can be found at: https://ttra.com/central-chapter/conference/
Registration is now open for the 2022 CenStates / Greater Western Travel and Tourism Research Association Joint Chapter Conference!