The DMO Researchers Roundtable is an informal open-forum discussion that typically surfaces the most urgent research and measurement issues confronting destination management and marketing organizations. The focus will be on the challenges of restarting travel and tourism as mass vaccination begins to beat back the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you’re a DMO, you’ll be interested to hear what your colleagues are handing these issues and raise some of your own. If you’re a supplier with DMO clients, it’s an ideal way to hear what the burning issues are for clients like yours.
Everyone is welcome!
Join ListServ moderators: Marlise Taylor; Dee Ann McKinney; Barbara Okamoto and Jeffrey Eslinger
Discussion topics will include:
- DMO rebranding – using research to help create and launch a DMO brand refresh
- Festivals and events – what do they look like in a post-pandemic world?
- Post-Labor Day travel outlook – how does it look to you? What are you seeing in your tea leaves?
- Travel recovery tracking – how are you handling it? Comparing 2021 to 2020 is not helpful, so have you established 2019 as your comparison year or do you have other ways of tracking recovery?
- How has your destination responded to the intensified focus on racial injustice and violence especially against African Americans and Asian Americans?
- Health and safety protocols – how are you communicating health and safety protocols in your marketing messages including advertising?
- How’s your destination handling meetings? Are you open for business? What health and safety protocols are in place for meetings? What percent occupancy are you allowed for meeting spaces?
- Resident sentiment as tourism restarts – how are your residents feeling about more tourists showing up? Are they longing for the good old days when they had their streets, parks, beaches, restaurants to themselves?
- Employment – are you have having any trouble getting your travel and tourism workforce back to work?