Your Feedback Is Important
We’ve put together a member’s survey to check the pulse of our TTRA membership to help us better plan for the year ahead. Please help up us by bringing a little bit more certainty to the future by filling out the survey.
If you are a TTRA member but did not receive the survey in your email, please contact Kathy Palmer
Find information about the call for research papers here
Alert: New Career Posting Available for Viewing HERE!
We are delighted to announce the first annual NorthEast Chapter of the Travel and Tourism Research Association (NETTRA) virtual conference to be held on January 21st, 2021. NETTRA, a regional chapter of TTRA, has recently been re-established to bring together academic and professional tourism researchers located in or with interests in the Northeastern United States.
The 1st Annual NETTRA Conference will provide a networking platform for industry professionals and academic scholars in the region and spotlight travel and tourism industry practices and research. The conference will be delivered VIRTUALLY, and the registration is FREE.
The conference program features:
- Keynote speeches from tourism researchers and professionals in the Northeastern region of the United States.
- Industry and academic roundtable discussions
- Three-minute research presentations – Three Minute Thesis (3MT) format
- Networking opportunities for tourism researchers and professionals
- Mentorship opportunities for graduate students
The conference will feature a Keynote Panel with the following speakers:
- Jennifer Foster, Business Development Executive for the Destinations team at STR, will present a 2020 hotel performance review for the total U.S. and Northeast Regional States. The review will include data from previous downturns and recovery cycles as well as a forecast of the future for the U.S. in 2021 and beyond.
- Scott Johnson, Co-founder of Xborder Canada and the President / CEO of Travel Market Insights Inc. will examine the behavior and importance of Canadian visitors, the largest U.S. inbound market, in the resurgence of inbound international travel.
- Donald Leadbetter, Tourism Program Manager for the National Park Service, will discuss over-tourism in national parks and park visitation during the pandemic.
- Yang Yang, Associate Professor at Temple University, will deliver a speech regarding COVID-19 and the relevance of research in the tourism industry.
Important Dates: Conference to be held on January 21st, 2021 from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM (EST)
Register Here: NETTRA Conference registration
There’s no question the pandemic has forced the travel industry to rethink, rework and relaunch its plans for the year, but with news changing daily and stay at home orders lifting, what has the visitor been up to and what will they do as we head into the fall?
We’ve compiled highlights from research on visitors, the hotel industry, and more to give our members in CenStates direct access to the latest. These insights give a peek of what to expect in the next few months and resources for you and your partners to prepare to make up for lost time during the pandemic.