We are delighted to announce the first annual NorthEast Chapter of the Travel and Tourism Research Association (NETTRA) virtual conference to be held on January 21st, 2021. NETTRA, a regional chapter of TTRA, has recently been re-established to bring together academic and professional tourism researchers located in or with interests in the Northeastern United States.
The 1st Annual NETTRA Conference will provide a networking platform for industry professionals and academic scholars in the region and spotlight travel and tourism industry practices and research. The conference will be delivered VIRTUALLY, and the registration is FREE.
The conference program features:
- Keynote speeches from tourism researchers and professionals in the Northeastern region of the United States.
- Industry and academic roundtable discussions
- Three-minute research presentations – Three Minute Thesis (3MT) format
- Networking opportunities for tourism researchers and professionals
- Mentorship opportunities for graduate students
The conference will feature a Keynote Panel with the following speakers:
- Jennifer Foster, Business Development Executive for the Destinations team at STR, will present a 2020 hotel performance review for the total U.S. and Northeast Regional States. The review will include data from previous downturns and recovery cycles as well as a forecast of the future for the U.S. in 2021 and beyond.
- Scott Johnson, Co-founder of Xborder Canada and the President / CEO of Travel Market Insights Inc. will examine the behavior and importance of Canadian visitors, the largest U.S. inbound market, in the resurgence of inbound international travel.
- Donald Leadbetter, Tourism Program Manager for the National Park Service, will discuss over-tourism in national parks and park visitation during the pandemic.
- Yang Yang, Associate Professor at Temple University, will deliver a speech regarding COVID-19 and the relevance of research in the tourism industry.
Important Dates: Conference to be held on January 21st, 2021 from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM (EST)
Register Here: NETTRA Conference registration
There’s no question the pandemic has forced the travel industry to rethink, rework and relaunch its plans for the year, but with news changing daily and stay at home orders lifting, what has the visitor been up to and what will they do as we head into the fall?
We’ve compiled highlights from research on visitors, the hotel industry, and more to give our members in CenStates direct access to the latest. These insights give a peek of what to expect in the next few months and resources for you and your partners to prepare to make up for lost time during the pandemic.
Our Online Forums have been such a hit! If you haven’t been able to attend them, please head on over to https://ttra.com/covid-19-online-forum-recordings/ and check them out!
RESEARCH & ANALYTICS COMPANIES
- Community Marketing & Insights – LGBTQ Travel Consumers and COVID-19
- COVID-19: Recovery Analysis – Kalibri Labs
- Arrivalist – Daily Travel Index
- Destinations Analysts – Covid-19 Insights and Travel Sentiment
- Adara – Resource Center
- MMGY Travel Intelligence
- Longwoods International: COVID-19 and Travel Sentiment
- STR – Hotel News: STR Hotel Industry Impact
- EproDirect – Hotel Status Updates
- Post your Hotel Status Update: https://www.eprodirect.com/covid-19-hotel-status-updates-form/
- Tourism Economics
- COVID-19: Updated Outlook and Pandemic Impacts
- Recent Articles
- COVID-19: Updated Outlook and Pandemic Impacts
- Sparkloft Media
- Entrada Insights
- Listen First
- H2R Market Research COVID-19 Resource Page
- Omnitrak – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Survey
- A Tourism Crisis Recovery Checklist by TRINET
- Tourism Transformed, A TRINET-based initiative
- The International Federation for IT and Travel & Tourism
- University of Florida
- Temple University – COVID-19 Response
SOCIAL MEDIA GROUPS
- The Tourism Industry COVID-19 Resource Group
PUBLIC ORGANIZATIONS & ASSOCIATIONS
- WHO – World Health Organization
- CDC – Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- John Hopkins University & Medicine: Coronavirus Resource Center
- TIAC – Tourism Industry Association of Canada
- U.S. Travel Association
- Brand USA
- Destination Canada
- World Travel & Tourism Council
- UNWTO – The United Nations World Tourism Organization
- IATA – The International Air Transportation Association
- World Economic Forum
- MPI – Meeting Professionals International
- EIC – The Events Industry Council
- European Travel Commission
- European Tourism Association
- Global Business Travel Association
- IAVM – International Association of Venue Managers
- PCMA – Professional Convention Management Association
- CLIA – Cruise Lines International Association
- Destinations International
- PATA – the Asia Pacific Travel Association
- TIA – Tourism Industry Aotearoa
- ATEC Australian Tourism Export Counsel
- TAA – Tourism Accommodation Australia
- NTA – National Tour Association
- The Conference Board of Canada
- Pew Research Center
- CEIR – Center for Exhibition Industry Research
- IAAPA – The Global Association for Attractions Industry
- Harvard Business Review
- Tourism HR Canada
Have we missed a resource? Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As global health concerns surrounding COVID-19 continue to develop and impact our work and families, we are working hard behind the scenes to find the best way to actively support our members. There is nothing more important than the health and safety of our members, their families and our extended travel comrades on every continent. With that said, we’ve made the difficult decision to not have a conference this June. The Marketing Outlook Forum is still scheduled for October in Bethesda, with what is already shaping up to be an outstanding schedule, and one that will have some major research findings relating not only to the current crisis but also how we came together as a community to shape the new paradigm of travel.
While we know it is hard to replace the joy of being together to celebrate 50 years of TTRA, we are planning more ways for our members to connect, including virtual webinars and sessions where we can share our research and experiences. Our Chapters will also provide more local connections.
Stay safe out there.
You Are Invited!
Attend the 2020 Marketing Outlook Forum. October 5-7, 2020 in Washington DC.