In this session, four emerging leaders will present their thoughts on navigating new data opportunities and challenges. The presenters will each have five minutes to introduce how their strategies to navigate data opportunities and challenges and discuss its importance for tourism researchers. The presenters will then lead audience members in small group conversations to share ideas on how to address these opportunities for innovation. The session will conclude with the presenters providing “take away” ideas from their small group conversations.
The four presenters will discuss topics including:
- Nadine Schmidt Rojas: Bringing Sustainable Tourism to the Masses: A framework in order to mainstream sustainability
- Faith Ong: Technically Speaking…: Ethics and big data
- Michelle Dall’Ava: Data for All: Can it work for everyone?
- Evan Jordan: Promoting Your Work: Take the opportunity to be your own marketing team
- Madelene Blaer, Monash University
- Andria Godfrey, ADARA, Inc.
- Whitney Knollenberg, North Carolina State University