52nd Annual Travel and Tourism Research Association
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada • June 13-16, 2022
This year’s conference theme is Regenerative Tourism: Building Resilience. The conference will focus on recovering efforts of the global tourism and hospitality industry and communities to regenerate tourism in the post-pandemic era and at the same time to increase resilience to crises, sustain resources, and distribute more fairly tourism benefits.
Join us in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, or attend virtually, June 13-16, 2022!
THE 2022 ANNUAL CONFERENCE SCHEDULE IS NOW AVAILABLE
TTRA Standard Member: $949 In-Person. $299 Virtual.
TTRA Organization/Premier Member: $799 In-Person. $299 Virtual.
TTRA Lifetime Member: $749 In-Person. $299 Virtual.
TTRA Retired Member: $400 In-Person. $99 Virtual.
TTRA Student Member: $400 In-Person. $99 Virtual.
Non-Member: $1,199 In-Person. $399 Virtual.
Non-Member Student: $450 In-Person. $399 Virtual.
Day Pass: $450 In-Person. N/A Virtual.
Guest Registration: $100 In-Person Opening & Closing Receptions.
All prices are in USD.
Late fees take effect on Monday, May 16.
Pricing for late registration increases by $50. (EXCEPT for Virtual)
Guest Registration increases to $125.
Day Pass increases to $475.
REGISTRATION FOR IN-PERSON CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE ENDS JUNE 1ST.
On-site registration will be available.
VIRTUAL REGISTRATION CLOSES ON JUNE 10TH.
CONFERENCE HOTEL: Fairmont Empress
The TTRA 2022 Annual International Conference will take place at Victoria Conference Centre, from June 13 to 16, 2022. The conference hotel will be held at the Fairmont Empress – which is conveniently attached to the Conference Centre. Learn more
The Standard Room Block Rate is CAD$289/night (est. US$228). Rooms are available at the group rate from June 10-18 based on availability. Room block closes May 27, 2022.
* Please note: The TTRA Room Block at the Fairmont Empress is now full. There is limited availability. Additional accommodation options are available within walking distance to the Fairmont: Google Map
TRAVEL TO CANADA: Requirements for COVID-19 vaccinated travelers
To qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler to Canada, you must:
- Have received at least 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine accepted for travel, a mix of 2 accepted vaccines
- or at least 1 dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- Have received your second dose at least 14 calendar days before you enter Canada
- Example: if your second dose was anytime on Thursday, July 1, then Thursday, July 15 would be the first day that you meet the 14-day condition
- Have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- Upload proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN
- ArriveCan continues to be mandatory for travelers to Canada.
For more information on requirements for COVID-19 vaccinated travelers, please visit the Government of Canada’s website.
TRAVEL TO AND FROM THE UNITED STATES: What You Need to Know
- Make sure you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines before you travel internationally.
- All air passengers with a flight departing to the US from a foreign country are required to show a negative COVID-19 viral test result taken no more than 1 day before travel, or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days before they board their flight.
- Visit the CDC website for more information.
- ONSITE TESTING will be available Thursday, June 16th between 8:00 am and 10:30 am. This LINK will allow you to book an appointment, input your demographics and pay for the appointment. It is essential that your name and DOB match your passport, as this is what will be used to create their travel certificates. Please use the email you wish to have your results sent to when booking.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a current TTRA member, you must log in when you register for the conference in order for the system to recognize your membership and charge you the appropriate member rate. If you have any trouble registering, please contact [email protected].
Complimentary PARTNER registrations will need a promo code to use when registering. Please contact [email protected] for this code.
CANCELLATION and REFUND POLICY: Registration cancellations received prior to May 15, 2022, may be eligible to receive a refund less a $75 service fee. There are no refunds for cancellations made on May 16, 2022, or after. Refunds will not be available for registrants who do not attend and are considered a “no-show”.
Cancellations will be accepted via phone (248-708-8872), fax (248-814-7150), or e-mail [email protected], and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline. All refund requests must be made by the attendee, paying organization, or credit cardholder. If a credit card was used for payment, refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used. If payment was made by cash or check, refunds will be made by check to the member or paying organization. If a refund is necessary by wire transfer, all applicable fees will be charged to the canceling party.
Substitutions will be allowed at TTRA’s discretion and approval prior to the cancellation deadline.
The above policies apply to all TTRA events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials.