Hello to our community of tourism data users!
A quick note to let you know that, as of Monday, June 4th, you will notice changes to StatCan’s website the next time you visit www.statcan.gc.ca .
- Enhanced navigation to allow users to find information faster and with fewer clicks.
- Simpler access to data, analytical products, and reference products through searching, sorting, and filters.
- Summary tables and CANSIM tables are replaced by enhanced “data tables” with the same or similar content.
- Search tables using “old” CANSIM numbers or vectors by using the “Filter results by keyword(s)” option.
- Improved file downloads using non-proprietary formats.
- More ways to customize data. For example, the ability to specify whether to put a variable as a row or column.
- New application programming interfaces that allows for direct access to our aggregate data holdings.
To learn more about these changes, watch the videos
If you have questions regarding the new website or are having difficulty accessing information, please check out the Frequently asked questions on Statistics Canada’s recent changes to website or contact Statistics Canada at Website changes for assistance.