Deadline to Apply: November 30, 2023
Organization/Company Name: Rockport Analytics
Location: Annapolis, MD or Remote
What You’ll Do
Rockport Analytics is seeking a Senior Research Consultant to play a pivotal in our growing market & economic research practice. Positioned at the heart of our operations, this individual will be responsible for driving tangible results for our clients. Based in our Annapolis, MD office—with the potential for remote work for the right candidate—the selected candidate will contribute to a diverse portfolio of consumer and economic research projects. He/she will be tasked with conducting data/market analysis, writing insightful reports and white papers, fostering collaboration with Rockport’s esteemed partners and vendors, and delivering unparalleled client service.
About Rockport Analytics
Rockport is a boutique market & economic research firm with a primary focus on the travel & tourism industry. We support clients around the globe, providing data-driven insights for leading corporations, destination marketing organizations, industry associations, and major attractions and events. We are a small team with a large footprint. Our success is driven by our exceptionally talented people and the ability to deliver outsized results for our clients and partners.
- Market research design for both qualitative and quantitative projects
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving abilities. Detail and results-oriented. Strong analytic aptitude, but also with the ability to prioritize and frame the big picture implications.
- Ability to discover the story in the data through thoughtful and creative analysis
- Ability to effectively communicate research findings and their implications in written reports and presentations
- Ability to manage multiple research tasks, working both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to learn fast and thrive in an entrepreneurial setting
- Genuine curiosity in using creative research design to help clients solve complex marketing, business, and planning issues
- Expert-level competency in MS Office- Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven environment
- Data visualization expertise and familiarity with core principles of presenting data. In short, effective communication of complex data in an appealing and easy-to-understand manner.
- Collaboration & Communication – The ability to collaborate effectively with others to ensure research aligns with broader business goals.
Other valuable skills & attributes for this position:
- Experience analyzing economic trends and research to provide a clear view of current projections for the economy and their implications for a variety of stakeholders.
- Travel and tourism research experience
- Data modeling, advanced statistical analysis, and data management skills
- Experience with survey design, programming, and execution and working with online survey tools (e.g., Qualtrics, Alchemer)
- Experience working with statistical software programs like SPSS, Eviews, SAS, or R
- Experience in conducting economic impact assessments (e.g., IMPLAN, RIMS-II, REMI)
- Degree in economics, market research, marketing, statistics, or computer science (or equivalent business experience)
Rockport offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience. We offer an engaging and flexible work environment with extraordinary advancement opportunities for the right candidate.