Deadline to Apply: March 1, 2024
Organization/Company Name: Meet Boston
Location: Boston, MA
Meet Boston is seeking a strategically minded Data Insights & Analytics Director to extract insights and leverage data to help drive strategic business decisions, to optimize campaigns and associated success metrics. This is an exciting opportunity for a data professional looking to oversee the whole data analytics lifecycle across all areas of an organization that serves as the destination authority and primary driver of visitation to Boston, Cambridge, and surrounding areas.
The role’s primary objectives will be to manage our daily analytics operational needs, including, but not limited to: building data visualizations, supporting data warehouse operations and processes, analyzing predictive models, leveraging data for the enhancement of business processes, and other day-to-day responsibilities as assigned.
The individual in this role will report to the Vice President of Marketing while collaborating across marketing, communications, sales and services, partnerships, the executive team, and other business teams. They will be a critical player in delivering data analysis and visualization projects while proactively finding areas of opportunity to develop automation and data solutions. The ideal candidate will have technical expertise and a strong business acumen and will be comfortable interacting with stakeholders at various levels of the organization. They are a self-starter with intellectual curiosity, comfort with ambiguity, and a passion for leveraging insights to drive and measure impactful decisions.
- Analyze data and produce insights and recommendations for business objectives and decisions.
- Perform ongoing maintenance and cleansing of data warehouse, assess organizational ETL processes.
- Build and maintain reports and dashboards to measure, monitor and analyze operational results.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop segmented audiences.
- Serve as project owner once analytical results have been delivered, providing operational support and training when needed to ensure successful adoption.
- Maintain and improve data hygiene and quality control.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and advancement.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the hospitality and travel/tourism industries and use this knowledge to identify and recommend innovative data-driven solutions that support business objectives.
- Deliver timely, measured results for processes, programs, and projects as needed.
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Hybrid work schedule – 3 days in office / 2 days remote; hybrid schedule is subject to change in the future.
- Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a quantitative field such as Data Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in an analytical role, using SQL and business intelligence tools (Tableau preferred)
- Experience with CRM systems (Dynamics, SalesForce, HubSpot) and Google Analytics (GA4 experience preferred)
- Prior experience in destination marketing, hospitality, and/or tourism sector preferred, specifically with products from Simpleview, Tourism Economics, and other industry-specific platforms.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office products
- Experience with third-party market research tools
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Desire to grow in this position by keeping abreast of key trends and engaging in professional development opportunities where appropriate.
To apply, please submit your salary expectations as well as a resume.
Meet Boston offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental plans, 401(k), vacation, PTO and sick time, company-paid life and disability coverage, flexible work arrangements, and an exciting, collegial work environment.