2022 Annual Chapter Conference
Theme: Regenerative Islands and Sustainable Economies (R.I.S.E) within tourism in the Asia Pacific
1-4 December 2022
Bula! The Travel and Tourism Research Association (TTRA) Asia Pacific Chapter, along with our conference host, University of the South Pacific, cordially invite you to our 9th annual conference.
This year, we leverage both in-person and online conversations, debates and critical reflections in travel and tourism amidst the tropical backdrop and warm hospitality of our hosts in the South Pacific. The last few years have showed us what worked, what did not and what could possibly work better in the travel and tourism conferencing landscape. Yet there is a yearning to meet up with others in a face-to-face mode, in a safe and secure destination, such as Fiji.
We reach out to you to join us to explore different ways of running conferences, such as walking meetings, industry on-site visits, and post-event legacies in engaging and participating with local tourism operators and stakeholders across a range of projects.
Please direct all queries to:
We invite all tourism researchers, including academics, students, industry and government officials, to submit conceptual, quantitative and qualitative papers in areas such as (in alphabetical order):
- Agencies of Indigeneity and ethnic communities at the intersectionality of regenerative travel and tourism
- Business model reinvention, innovation and backcasting
- Circular economy praxis, people, and places
- Community and resident wellbeing and quality of life in framing regenerative travel and tourism
- Food and agribusiness evolutions in travel and tourism
- Human resource considerations to enable regenerative tourism ecosystems to flourish
- Islands and their roles in leading and championing sustainable economies of the future
- Research methodologies needed to capture the nuances of regenerative travel and tourism
- Resilience and rebuilding travel and tourism through diversification of sectors
- Shifting policy and planning landscapes for regenerative travel and tourism
- Technology and digitisation at the nexus of regenerative tourism monitoring and indicators
- The new/next normal in travel and tourism based on good practices emerging since COVID-19
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the eyes of various stakeholders, especially for those born in Generation Alpha (2010-2024), or Generation Beta (2025-2039)
While we are particularly interested in submissions that address the above sub-themes, papers that explore other contemporary trends on travel and tourism research are also welcome.
Submit your Abstract (up to 750 words) to [email protected] by 31 July 2022
Confirmation of acceptance: 31 August 2022
Closing date for registration: 31 October 2022
Registration to open soon.
Program to be announced soon.
Keynotes and speakers to be announced soon.