Dear TTRA members and friends,
We are moving forward in leaps and bounds with planning for the 50th TTRA International Conference being held in Melbourne, Australia from June 25-27 2019.
Over the course of the conference, we will navigate the terrain of shifting sands – reflecting not only the great Australian deserts and coastline but also the influence of the external global environment on international tourism trends. Our keynote speakers are giants in their fields – one in tourism economics and social enterprise, while the other has an environmental/climate change background, an area that affects tourism deeply: Professor Pauline Sheldon and Professor Tim Flannery. Do not miss out on this opportunity to contribute to a global association and international conference that has been bringing together researchers from agencies, destinations, the industry, and academia since its inception.
The main conference website is https://ttra.com/conference/international/ however, below are direct links to specific information that has recently been updated.
- Early Bird Registration is NOW OPEN! Register today!
- The Post Conference Tour Booking Site is NOW OPEN! Secure your place with a deposit today!
- Research Papers and Ph.D. Colloquium submissions are due on 11 January 2019. The Submission Site is now OPEN and a downloadable template for your submission is available.
- Booking information and rates for the Conference Hotel (The Grand Hyatt) are now available.
- We have many Sponsorship Opportunities, including some very Special Offers exclusive to this conference.
- Our Frequently Asked Questions site has information on travel to Australia, along with other need to know information.
- Information on the host city, Melbourne, has also been provided
- Our Keynote Speakers, Pauline Sheldon and Tim Flannery will be soon providing more information on their themes, challenging you to engage with their discussions via submitting a related Research Paper.
- We are also working on great sessions for DMO researchers and others – information will be progressively added to the website from late this month.
- The ‘Justification Toolkit’ will also be available in the next week or so to help you to explain to your employers the significance of attending this conference.
- We are planning a strong Social Program, with some short ‘backstage tours’, welcome events (including a cocktail function hosted by the City of Melbourne with a cultural welcome from Indigenous leaders), the regular dine-around, events for Emerging Leaders, and our Gala Conference Dinner.
- Information on the popular Ideas Fair will also be coming in the next few weeks so that you can plan your submissions (under Research Papers).
- Finally, in the New Year, we will outline the range of Awards that will be presented at the conference, along with submission details.
Keep up to date with ideas and news at our Facebook page, Kanga & Roo 2019