Call for Research Papers
51st Annual Travel and Tourism Research Association International Conference
Fort Worth, Texas USA
June 14-16, 2021
Abstract Submission Deadline: 29 January 2021
SUBMISISSIONS ARE OPEN
The Academic Co-Chairs of the 51st TTRA Annual Conference, Drs. Bing Pan, Svetlana Stepchenkova, and Statia Elliot, invite paper submissions from travel and tourism researchers. The conference theme is Uncharted Territory: Reimagining Tourism in a New Era and will focus on reimagining a more sustainable and equitable future for tourism, post the pandemic.
Currently, TTRA plans the conference in a mixed-mode, including physical presence and virtual presentation and attendance. The attendees from all over the world may choose to attend in-person or online!
The “Setting the Research Agenda” sessions at the Melbourne TTRA 2019 conference and our research community’s need to address the reimagining of travel and tourism post-pandemic helped shape priority areas for the 2021 TTRA Conference. Conceptual, quantitative, qualitative, mixed-method, and state-of-the-art papers are invited that address the sub-themes below. Additionally, we welcome submissions that explore lessons learned and contemporary trends in travel and tourism research.
- The Regenerative Economy and Climate Change
- Future transitions for climate change and tourism
- Reimagining Tourism Employment and Supply
- Workforce development policies for the future
- Unpacking issues of representation, diversity, and inclusion in the tourism industry
- Remeasuring ‘Success’ in Tourism
- Taking a holistic perspective to key performance indicators, beyond simple numerical counts
- People-Centered Tourism
- Indigenous people and the control of identity, culture, heritage, land, governance, and future
- Community tourism: resilience, participation, self-reliance, and social justice
- Data Intensive Research
- Data mining, machine-learning, network analysis, and artificial intelligence
- COVID-19 Lessons and Recovery
- Recovery strategies and new opportunities
- Tourism, Happiness, Health, and Wellness
At TTRA 2021, the program will include both traditional Oral Presentation sessions and the popular Ideas Fair. In this interactive session, academics and practitioners meet as expert innovators in their field to experience and engage in immersive and interactive multimedia presentations. We also will feature the dynamic and constructive Qualitative Research Workshop, Late-Breaking Work, and Graduate Student Colloquium (fully online). Again, the attendees will have a choice of attending and presenting in-person or online.
All accepted submissions, regardless of specific sessions, will have the opportunity to publish a Short Abstract, Extended Abstract, or Full Paper* in the online conference proceedings. The final published proceedings will not differentiate between presentation formats.
*Only Full Papers can be considered for the Best Paper Award. Full Papers in TTRA proceedings are fully searchable online through ScholarWorks. They are considered working papers, so usually authors can publish revised papers in academic journals without copyright issues.
29 January 2021 Submissions of Abstracts due
15 March 2021 Acceptance of Abstracts notification
15 April 2021 Final Proceedings Ready Extended Abstract or Full Paper
Submissions are open
For Author Guidelines, Submission Templates and to submit your abstract, please visit https://scholarworks.umass.edu/ttra/2021/